Wedding vendors can learn a lot from celebrities and the PR machines behind them when it comes to marketing their wedding company. As crazy as it might seem, take some time over the next week to listen to celebrity gossip regarding Brangelina’s engagement on television and read about it online. Celebrities work hard to keep their names in the spotlight and wedding vendors can learn a lot about wedding marketing from it.
What can wedding vendors learn about wedding marketing from celebrity branding?
- Word-of-mouth marketing is extremely powerful. You need to create a wedding marketing plan that will keep your brand top of mind among brides and those who will become brides. When the buzz dies out, the brand fades, too.
- Bad press doesn’t have to destroy your wedding brand. The PR spin machine can wipe up just about any mess. Celebrities like Brangelina do it best.
- Stay true to your brand message and image…otherwise you’ll confuse customers who may turn their backs on your brand entirely. Take a look at Tom Cruise as an example. Here was a celebrity at the top of his career when suddenly his behavior took an odd turn that ran counter to his brand image. As a result, consumers turned their backs on him, and his box office numbers suffered.
- Potential customers are always watching. Just like the paparazzi is always following celebrities like Brangelina to feed consumers’ desires for more information about them, brides are always watching your brand, too. Always put your best product out there and make sure your messages support your overall brand promise.
- Brides are fickle. Your wedding brand might be the most popular one day, but the next, your brand could be at the bottom of the barrel. (Look at Get Married for example). A wedding is a once in a lifetime gig (hopefully) and brides will tell their friends of new information that you share with them before AND after their wedding. Come back careers are not uncommon for celebrities (think of John Travolta), but it’s easier to keep your wedding brand on top with consistent and persistent messaging than to try to climb up again.
Again, I challenge you to take a look at the celebrity PR machine Brangelina for the next week as their engagement news fills the airwaves and internet and see what you can learn from Hollywood that you can apply to your own wedding marketing plan and make the rest of 2012 fab.
Don’t have time to build your wedding business brand or just need help doing it? For a limited time the Bridal Marketing Group is offering $100 off our most popular “social MEdia wedding marketing” package which will soar your wedding brand by up to 400% in less than a month. Check out the details at www.bridalmarketinggroup.com.
book more weddings, brangelina, celebrity branding techniques, how to market to brides, pr strategies of brangelina, wedding vendors learn wedding marketing, what we learn from brangelina